Thursday, December 12, 2013

sewing again

birthday quilt

birthday quilt

birthday quilt

birthday quilt

birthday quilt

birthday quilt

birthday quilt

There is something special about a stack of fat quarters.   The potential; the soft loveliness.  The whole process of washing and ironing before any length is cut.  This is a special set I've been collecting for sometime, they are getting harder and harder to come by.   They are from Heather Ross' Far Far Away II collection.  The hardest to find is my favorite, the blue owl and the moon.  Totally makes the collection in my opinion.  Then there is the gray sleeping beauty, the green Rapunzel.  Hopefully, our little soon to be 8 year old will love them just as much, something tells me she will not be growing out of any fairy tale stories anytime soon.

Hopefully my last minute sewing/quilting will be done in time for her birthday two short days away.  Almost done.